Saturday, January 8, 2011

It Must Take After Mary Poppins' Bag...

Closet-cleaning day! Long have I dreaded and anticipated this, waiting for a free day to tackle the pit of clutter. Now, the contents of my itty bitty closet have been piled up throughout my not-tiny room. How all that stuff fits in there is beyond me. The last few hours have been full of trying on all my clothes (even though I already know none of them fit), organizing, hanging, and the like. It's looking rather fabulous, if I do say so myself. Unfortunately, I have some strain of OCD but am cluttersome by nature...the two traits do not mix well at all!
Alas, my dear friend Olivianne over at her blog has just beaten me to an "Awkward and Awesome" post, so I shall look like a dreadful copycat. But I have been anticipating this post for a while, so I shall go ahead with it anyway!

Awkward:
-Eating the same thing for lunch every day during the school week. Especially when said lunch does not appear particularly appetizing.
-Eating in front of people in general. Have you ever thought about that?
-Wording something just a little bit wrong and accidentally sounding very dirty. Teenage guys are impossible to talk to!
-SHOW CHOIR. As I explained in yesterday's post, we have to flirt and hang on a guy's shoulder. And fight with another girl over him. Awwwwwwwwwkward!
-Facebook friend requests. On multiple occasions I have gotten friend requests from people that I can tell (from the mutual friends) go to my school, but I am quite certain I have never met them. Within a week of ignoring the request, I will inevitably meet the person.
-Facebook in general. People will say things over the internet that they would never say in person.

Awesome:

-Finding the exact wording of the bill I wanted to write for Olympia! Turns out Louisiana has already passed a bill on the same subject, so with a little copypasta, I had the perfect wording for an otherwise difficult-to-write bill


-My brother. He got me the best Christmas and birthday gifts ever! On the left is the plush elephant from the Purex commercial (I've been wanting this for a long time!) and on the right is Phil, a minion from Despicable Me.
-Despicable Me! It's definitely a favorite.
-(Sometimes awesome) Being allergic to sugar. How else could I eat apple pie for breakfast?

Live long and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment