Sunday, January 16, 2011

What a Blustery Day!



Shirt: Thrifted 
 Pink tank: Wal-mart 
 Belt: My ribbon jar 
 Skirt: Thrifted 
 Socks: Costco 
 Shoes: Clarks
It's day 5! So far, this 30 for 30 thing is turning out to be so much fun! Today I decided to break away from denim-or-black bottoms and wear this lovely green skirt! The only problem is...it's 6 sizes too big. And I was in to much of a hurry this morning and forgot to safety pin it. Fortunately I possess hips, so the skirt didn't fall down; however, I was worrying about it every time I stood up today in church. But let us rejoice! The skirt is still on! 
I snagged the shirt from my mother a year or two ago after she bought it at a thrift store and realized that the shirt itself was too big, and the sleeves were too short. Since then, I've maybe worn it twice. You might not be able to tell in the pictures, but it is a slightly looser knit, giving it a lacy feel without being sheer. I love the bubble sleeves, but the shirt part of it is generally too loose.
Today was going to be my awkward-and-awesome day, but...I'm tired, in case you haven't noticed how boring my posts from the last day or two have been. And I simply cannot think of all the things in life that are awkward and awesome. So it will simply have to wait for another day.
It's official; I am addicted to tea! On a normal day, I drink mint tea at least twice. It's delicious, in addition to being the arbitrator between myself and my rebellious tummy. If it doesn't get its tea, it goes psycho on me and makes my life miserable. Good thing I like it! I had no idea until recently that some people don't like mint tea. Can you imagine? I was astonished.
Tomorrow, I am going to wear a scarf. I am absolutely determined to!
Oh! Yes! My brother took my pictures today! I actually have had a different photographer every day of this challenge so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment