Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Mr. Laurence! One doesn't shout at ladies as if they were cattle."



Sweater: Neighbor 
 Scarf: Kaity 
 Jeans: Thrifted 
 Shoes: Clarks 
 Earrings: Fossil

The next line of the film is Mr. Brooks shouting to the ladies, "My apologies!" Which is precisely what I would like to shout to all of you.
Um...you may have noticed I didn't post anything yesterday. There is good reason for it. I spent yesterday in sweats, mostly in bed or on the couch, wishing I were dead or asleep...either one would do. No matter where I was or what I was doing, my poor tummy felt sick sick sick; every time I stood up, I got really dizzy and my vision got black around the edges. Friday evening it went all black and I was forced to gracefully float to the floor (AKA fall) in the closest thing to a faint I hope to experience for a while.
So, yesterday will forever be a blank on the 30 for 30 charts :( I didn't count yesterday as a day, as that would be very much cheating. So, today is day 11. This outfit is my cozy-soft-and-movable-enough-to-play-with-babies-yet-nice-enough-for-church outfit. Sounds like a successful pairing, right? Wrong. The sanctuary ended up being suuuuuuuuuper warm, and as I was still not feeling well at all this morning, I had to leave the service to avoid passing out. But on the plus side, I got to take care of my absolute favorite baby in the whole world, Elias <3 He is the baby of my dear friend and mentor, Keola, and he was in the nursery today the hour I was working :)
The pictures don't capture the absolute loveliness of my earrings. My dear friend Allison got them for me for my birthday, and I simply adore them to death! I have worn them nearly every day since I received them. Perhaps tomorrow I will take a close-up.
Unfortunately I am not very good at making improv pot pie. The potatoes were not cooked through :( 
Tomorrow is Monday...time for lots of homework and maybe crafting with Keola :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment